Affiliate Areas & Tools

I think I am crazy. Either that or awfully demanding, but I have to wonder at Sponsors and their banner options.

I mean they spend a ton of money for programs like NATS or MPA3 (or whatever its called) and then they don’t program it right, or bother to use the features to make it simple for dumb ass blonds like me to use.

Like when did square banners become 300x500? or 80x600? So I gotta wade through umpteen banners to find the size I want? I mean not even a damn zip file option.

Like the content is zipped, sometimes, which is nice, but then when you unzip it, they aren’t in any folder, they just dump out all over your directory, or worse, overwrite existing ones, because gee, they gotta name then 1.jpg 2.jpg etc. So original, so damn frustrating.

Lloyd for example, in the weekly email, includes a zip file, they are named, and come so that when you unzip them, they set a folder with that name, like BM_Russel or whatever.

So what is with the other sponsors? How come they can’t simplify the process, so we can get in, get out, and start promoting their stuff?

Or the one I love the best, is they send you to the processor to get your banners… which has 1 banner listed :bang:

Re: Affiliate Areas & Tools

We have been evolving HunkMoney to meet people’s requests, doing things like the weekly content update and FHG emails. We worked quite hard with one of our affiliates to get that content email in ‘perfect shape’ by including a text stort, thumbs, direct download links and the affiliate’s linking URLs too.

Of course, occasionally nats does some automatic stuff like it puts banners into what it thinks is the classification (vertical, horizontal, etc). The only way we can change that is to put in a change request with tmm (which, btw, I have done for several other changes to try to make things better too).

The biggest issue with us is getting feedback. Have you tried contacting the sponsors with suggestions?

Re: Affiliate Areas & Tools

[QUOTE=HunkMoneyLuke;19611]
The biggest issue with us is getting feedback. Have you tried contacting the sponsors with suggestions?[/QUOTE]

That is a big one. We have changed a lot of things based on requests and do custom things for a number of affiliates but we won’t do it unless we are asked. We are sponsors, content producers and do not stay in the affiliate promotion trenches. Let sponsors know and if they respond to your needs keep going.