AEBN Affiliates - What Do You Think of the Changes to the Affiliate Program?

Re: AEBN Affiliates - What Do You Think of the Changes to the Affiliate Program?

They seem to have changed the field to “Customer Origination” which is yet another term I don’t understand… At least it’s now a positive value instead of negative!

Screen Shot 2015-02-06 at 3.10.57 PM.jpg

Re: AEBN Affiliates - What Do You Think of the Changes to the Affiliate Program?

My sales have nosedived, too. Something is not right.

I’m getting signups at the same rate as any other month. But none of those signups convert. (Well, except for three that I had on Tuesday that magically disappeared without explanation.) Funny how that works.

There used to be a line on the “my account” page under the affiliate payout chart that said “Customer Origination” was 3%, but they removed it.

[SIZE=3]Re Customer Origination[/SIZE]

Whenever I read that term I think about Willy Wonka singing about it as we tour the AEBN factory in North Carolina…

%% Come with me and you’ll see
%% a world of customer origination

%% It’s a payout scheme THAT
%% Defies explanation…

//youtu.be/RZ-uV72pQKI

Steve

I think it’s kinda strange no one over at GFY has said anything about this? It this only effecting Gay sites? I doubt it but from the few that have posted here I haven’t heard a peep from anyone that this has effected positively yet over at GFY that is ZERO mention of it at all. They are usually pretty quick to jump on things when they notice something fishy. Maybe I missed the thread?

Kevin.

I see it now as such, looks to be the period payout or accumulation

Your sales as an affiliate or as a producer?

“vast library” doesn’t really correlate to revenues as one might think… just sayin’. w/r/t just bareback VOD, we destroy aebn.

Well I already have thousands of pages indexed with AEBN titles… Would be best to send people to a replacement site that at least has the best potential of carrying the title they came to my site looking for. That was all I meant.

Kevin.

Indexed how? On Google? That’s duplicate content, so there can’t be that much traffic. On my AEBN VOD site I only had 443 visits last month via Google. If something could make you 5-10x as much, throw away the 15 visits/day and switch. OR start up a new VOD sites on another (sub)domain.

For us, it looks like our affiliate payout will be slashed by two-thirds. Not happy.

I doubt I have enough data to really be statistically significant since AEBN has never generated all that much money for me, but StatsRemote is telling me I’ll make $75 with them this month and that’s about average for what I’ve done with them recently…

So it would seem they shifted the deck chairs around without changing much of anything from my perspective. But again, that’s only based on 2 sales and $29 in revenue (so far this month), which isn’t really much to base a conclusion off of. You’d need more traffic or more time to make a real conclusion.

Screen Shot 2015-02-11 at 4.16.18 PM.jpg

So far this month I’ve made $58.17 and SR is saying I should make $152 for the month if all things remain consistent.

In 2014 I averaged $424 per month. Month to month fluctuated between $300 - $500 but never had a month below $300.

Kevin

Yes it’s been dismal. Taking the Video Secrets route now.

Has anyone else noticed that not only has no one from AEBN appeared to talk about or answer questions about their new commission plan, but also nobody from Maleflixx or MovieDollars has chimed in to point out the benefits of their payout plans as well?

Steve

It’s like my tin cap is twitching now. They’ve all joined the “how do we fuck alliterates club”.

For me, it’s possibly even worse than a two-thirds pay cut.

I started the month with $10 and some change in my account under the old system. By the end of the first day, after they launched the new payout structure, that dropped to $0.

So let me get this straight… According to AEBN:

the program will be changing affiliate payouts so a greater percentage of sales will be given to the last affiliate sending the sale and not the first.

Yet from the small sample here at GayDemon most have lost a large chunk of change. Not a single person is ahead.

If you’re switching up the payout structure shouldn’t it all wash out in the end so some are up and some are down? So far we haven’t heard from those who are up…

I’m betting that’s cause all the cash we are losing is going into aebn.net’s default theaters and of course they aren’t going to chime in here about the windfall they made out of the deal. Of course that’s entirely speculation on my part. Anyone have a better theory?

Kevin.

[QUOTE=mountequinox;156579]Yet from the small sample here at GayDemon most have lost a large chunk of change. Not a single person is ahead.

If you’re switching up the payout structure shouldn’t it all wash out in the end so some are up and some are down? So far we haven’t heard from those who are up…[/QUOTE]

One word – MindGeek. (Or is that two words – Mind Geek?) Bet the change is to get their traffic.

Well you’ve pricked my ears. What do you mean by MindGeek? They are changing their business strategy?

Steve