Access to over 1200 adult men in mailing list

So I have a mailing list (opt-in of course!) of approx 1200 adult men and I have no idea what to do with it.

Obviously I don’t want to spam these guys with rubbish, but I feel I’m not making use of it as I could.
So does anyone know of any advertising rates for something like this?
How much would you charge a company to advertise through a mailing list?

Anyone have any ideas of what I could do to earn some profit from sending out mail without feeling like a spammer? lol

Re: Access to over 1200 adult men in mailing list

Conran, when you have a moment email me directly at [email protected] I’d like to talk to you about your list.

Im gonna keep tabs on this as im in a similar position. I have around 6000 addresses. I hate to see things go to waste, but just have no idea if i can monetarize my list

We’re in the same position. We do one email blast every 2 weeks on our site updates. I feel that we need to do more with them as well. We have 6,840 opt-in subscribers.

1200 names is not alot when it comes to mailing lists. When you get over 10-15k in current addresses you can start to do some things. So keep it growing. Those names are like $ in the bank.

Why not join an affiliate program ( site that your subscribers might be interested in) and send out a special join offer to your subscribers. Many sponsors will give you a special 20% off join link to use. Or a special price on DVD’s or lube etc. through a new sponsor.

Remember it’s difficult to try and make some money with your mailing list and not coming off as a bit of spam.

Use you mailings sparingly. i would not send more than once every 60-90 days. If you start to send too often, the subscriber will tune out, so you really need to be careful on frequency.

[QUOTE=Mark Wolff;89043]Those names are like $ in the bank.

Use you mailings sparingly. i would not send more than once every 60-90 days. If you start to send too often, the subscriber will tune out, so you really need to be careful on frequency.[/QUOTE]

Great advice. I have over 180k mailing list I’ve accumulated over the last 11 years from past subscribers of my sites, and it is gold. Like money in the bank. But the second you abuse it, it will quickly whither away. Use them very sparingly and target them very specifically.

“any ideas of what I could do to earn some profit from sending out mail without feeling like a spammer?” You said it’s an opt in list so you wont be spamming. Likewise you’ll know what they want as it’s an opt in list, so sell them what they want.

I know exactly what my guys want as they’ve paid to access my niche specific sites :slight_smile:

If anyone has an opt-in list that they’re not sure how to mail or use, contact me. We handle mailings for a few sites/sponsors and we’re pretty darn good at it :slight_smile:

We definitely have a different way of using our mailing lists than seems to be the norm–however, what we do works for us. We have many different mailing lists garnered from our different websites, and we market to each list individually (oh god the newsletters…so many newsletters) and often! Although we do experience a significant unsubscribe rate, we also experience a significant jump in our sales whenever we send out a newsletter–in fact, for almost all of our websites, newsletters are the biggest source of revenue.

As a blogger and the manager of a TV site, I have a unique advertising system that I have found works remarkably well. If you’d like to chat about marketing strategy vis-a-vis newsletter content, please contact me either via PM here or via e-mail: [email protected]

Also, to anyone reading this who’d like to pow-wow about e-mail marketing strategy, I’d definitely love to pick your brain.
And also, to anyone with a popular blog who would like more exposure for FREE (ugh, that sounds spammy but I don’t mean it to, promise!), let me know.

Isn’t that the truth! I love the email response wave I see in analytics after a mailing. Below is a very specific highly targeted cluster of 4 campaigns consisting of a block of about 10k addresses.

Yes I know what the report reveals and I’m not sketchy about it as this is only partial, very specific data. And yes I know you can see site averages etc :wink:

click image for bigger version

analyticscampaignstats.jpg

I’ll Buy a spot in mailers if you got a good size list or you can promote our program in you’re email and I can offer up a generous PPS. Hit me up.