10 Things You Need to Know About Wordpress 3.4

I found this to be a very interesting write up about the upcoming Wordpress version 3.4. Can’t wait to see the new theme customizer which would be great for somebody with a blog network.

http://technosailor.com/2012/05/23/10-things-you-need-to-know-about-wordpress-3-4/

Re: 10 Things You Need to Know About Wordpress 3.4

Thanks for the heads-up Brad. I must admit that I don’t follow Wordpress developement very closely. It seems like there is a new update every other week so I just upgrade and find out about new features as I use WP.

But this update looks pretty impressive. I agree that the Theme Customizer is excellent and way overdue. But for adult bloggers the HTML Captions may be even more important because now we can include affiliate links under photos. (Yeah, I know some plugins and themes already allowed this.)

So I guess I’ll wait until trying out Text Pattern!

:slight_smile:

Re: 10 Things You Need to Know About Wordpress 3.4

I just put 3.4beta on one of my blogs with svn. It went through just fine, no problem, just remember to backup your theme and database. (And of course copy over your wp-content lol). It does seem a bit quicker. The most interesting thing in that post to me is that he seems to say they’ve refactored a lot to modern PHP standards and gotten rid of ?> which should I think make it more stable and faster.