When do most Americans get paid?

Here its the last Friday of the month or last working day of the month that most people get paid. Would that be the same in the USA?

The last working day is Tues but last Fri is tomorro. So Im thinking sales will pick up a bit this weekend and will be back to normal come Tuesday?

Re: When do most Americans get paid?

Thinking about this, its probably been a long time since most of you have a regular pay day lol

most people i know get paid every week - usually on friday, but some on other days. some get paid twice a month - usually the 1st and 15th but i know plenty who get paid on 2 other days. i know a few who get paid once a month.

btw, i don’t know anyone here who gets paid on the last day of the month alone.

Do people tend to pay bills like rent weekly too? Most people here get paid monthly and most bills are monthly or quarterly too so it works out ok.

companies tend to pay employees on a regular cycle - the same goes for the freelance workers as well although those pay periods may be on a cycle that is a few days after the employees get paid

companies I’ve always worked for pay two times a month - the 15th and last day and if those days fall on a weekend, the pay will arrive on the Friday before

workers and consultants under contract, will get paid on whatever is negotiated - I for instance, would get paid one third up front before starting a project and get another third at a certain benchmark and the balance at completion

restaurant workers and day laborers tend to get paid at the end of each day and so on and so on

bills are due on their own cycles - usually 30 days - although people need to carefully read due dates so that they don’t get hit with late fees and such - some credit card companies use sneaky tactics to create due dates that may fall on a saturday or sunday when banks are closed so that they can hit you with a late fee if the payment (electronic or not) arrives on one of those days - they can use that “late payment” to add numerous and erroneous fees

if you ask bar owners when business is good, they’ll generally tell you its around the 15th and end of the month here in the states

This is depressing me now. I was hoping that people were just low on money as were end of month. Mind you I know people who are paid weekly and are still out of money by Thursday.

sounds like bad money managers or people who have fallen on hard times - that’s true for many these days…

People are always low on money at the end of the month! Here in Latin America, locals get paid on the 15th and the last day of the month - one thing I have learned is to avoid all shops, banks and bill payment places on those days as locals will literally spend their entire cheques within a day or two, playing catch-up or buying enough for the next 1/2 month.

I think many of you are overlooking the effect of things like hurricane Ike … I wasn’t able to get through to my brother and nephew until monday of this week! (they are in Crosby, Texas) … and many areas are still without power.

Here in Cleveland when Ike’s last bit of rain and winds came through it knocked out power, and we had some areas out for FIVE days.