The # 1 change I wish CCBill would make

You know those automatic email notifications that affiliates get from CCBill whenever a sale is made? I wish they would list the program or site name of the sponsor instead of just the account number. It’s a pain to have to look up every account number to see what site sold.

It would also be nice to see which of my blogs referred the sale but I guess that’s asking for too much in an email.

Ah, but in a perfect world…

Re: The # 1 change I wish CCBill would make

Yeah, that would be nice. Certain good-selling sponsor have branded their affiliate ID in my brain, but it would be nice not to have to hunt.

True! It is a pain the ass to have to dig for that info when it could be included in the email notifications.

Oh I certainly agree with this. Especially when a sponsor runs several sites and it’s the same affiliate ID number for all of them. Whenever I make a Flava Gold sale I have to do a shitload of research to find out what site it is that sold. Royal pain in the ass.

That’s just one sponsor too. There are many out there who run more than 1 site. I can’t see this as being too difficult for CCBill to implement. At least just listing the site name in the sales notification emails.

There is a lot of improvement to do in their web admin that is for sure. The interface is horrible. The navigation always painful and a lot of things that doesn’t make sense. But you are right, if I was able to better know which affiliate is making a sale when I get a mail notification. That would be nice :smiley:

The biggest problem…it’s soooooooo slooowwww.

The notification email usually includes your url, the one you use when signing up. What I do is I edit it to something like http://www.mydomain.com/sponsorname/… This way you can see straight away in email what program you make sales with. If you have signed up already, you can edit it for each program in webmaster area.

However you can only see a program name, not a site name but its better than nothing.

Awesome tip Fishy, thanks.

It’s worth pointing out that the new CCBill WNS system does produce sale notifications that specify the website.

--Aaron

for a start - their site is still advertising Phoenix Forum from April 2010 - so not a lot of love going into the tech platform right now :wink:

Thanks Fishy for that excellent tip!