I applaud the adult VOD sites!

I’m not in the adult industry, however, I can see that the adult industry has VOD down to a science. I have a few dozen tangible DVDs (music education) in our catalog ranging from 1 to 8 hours in length. And we have to enter the online delivery market because our competitors have, but we want to do it better.

I’ve seen a bunch of adult sites that offer purchase options like streaming, download to own, rent for a time period, etc as seen here:

http://www.sugardvd.com/browse/vod/details/147362/barely_legal_corrupted_7.html

My question is what sort of ecommerce script, shopping cart system do these adult sites use or is everything custom built? Who do I go to if I want to start a VOD site with my DVDs? I would think there would be some prebuilt scripts for this but perhaps not? Thanks for any info you may have…

Re: I applaud the adult VOD sites!

Welcome to GD, hope you find some answers, but you should warn a guy, that pussy is ahead (in your link). After all, it is GAYdemon Forum lol

Oh sorry haha, I was just using that as an example to show all those pricing options for a video.

the larger companies have their own scripts written, although i suppose you could easily do rent for a time period and rent to own through ccbill with no script at all, each video being in essence a membership.

might want to ask your potential credit card processors, too. i am pretty sure epoch does pay per minute for someone (can’t remember who).

He wants to sell things that are not adult. That means his options for taking money are not related to the third party credit card processors that most Internet adult business are forced to use.

He can probably use something as inexpensive as Paypal, or get a real merchant account from a real bank.

SWmike - the South by Southwest Interactive show in Austin next March will have all kinds of seminars and networking opportunities with companies that offer video streaming solutions — Microsoft Silverlight had a big presence there last year.

I don’t know if your stating that you “want to do it right” is a codephrase for wanting to spend money on the project - but I suppose you could hire a programmers to customize something like the PayPal API along with Microsoft Silverlight in a unique looking website to achieve something exactly what you want.

Steve

I’m already a well established web business with a good merchant account and I use authorize.net as my payment gateway. I’m not saying I want to spend loads of money for the heck of it either (who wants to do that?) I’m just trying to determine if there’s some kind of pre-built system that some of these adult sites use, that allow them to offer several options for one product (download to own, stream, access for a time period…) These are obviously some sort of shopping cart because you add them and checkout as if you were buying something from a regular store… I just want to apply those same concepts and options to a non-adult catalog of DVDs. I’ve torn the web apart and can’t seem to find what I’m looking for which is unusual because I usually can find what I need.