Console or reality for a paysite now a days?

Re: Console or reality for a paysite now a days?

[QUOTE=Mickey;12540]transparent tours ?

url with example would be nice ?[/QUOTE]

www.blakemason.com :smiley:

A transparent tour is so named because it gives you a “transparent” look into the members area. You see pretty much everything a member sees (scene descriptions, number of scenes, etc) but no actual access to the content.

I know that a lot of them exist, but I can’t imagine a tour for a site that contains models that aren’t in the members area. If I were a surfer, that would be an instant chargeback.

The one advantage that I have seen is that transparent tours seem to do well with tgp traffic. Only reason I can think is that the surfer is use to thumbs leading to galleries.

[QUOTE=gaybucks_chip;12636]A transparent tour is so named because it gives you a “transparent” look into the members area. You see pretty much everything a member sees (scene descriptions, number of scenes, etc) but no actual access to the content.

I know that a lot of them exist, but I can’t imagine a tour for a site that contains models that aren’t in the members area. If I were a surfer, that would be an instant chargeback.[/QUOTE]

The “bad” thing is that you can do a good transparent your if you lots of contents. Not all people can afford 20+ exclusive shoots to start a paysite :wink:

20+ is on the low end imho for a paysite. Transparent tour or not.

i’ve seen plenty of sites with transparent tours start off with 8 - 12 videos that sold great with 4 episodes per page listed.

btw, chip - i’ve seen plenty of tours with models that aren’t in the member area. it’s getting a lot less common, but back in the day it used to be pretty normal, and a surprising number of larger programs used to do it.

I think that with GOOD and exclusive contents you can start with 10 shoots. The important thing is doing regular and weekly updates. Keeping this way users think that your site is freshly updated. Hey, they’re just my 2 cents.

it’s really more about retention. one can easily sell memberships to a site with 6 episodes, but don’t expect people to stay. unless a site is a very rare niche, there won’t be much retention till the site has had time to grow.

still, it’s probably better to make some money as one continues to do shoots rather than not…

[QUOTE=basschick;12643]it’s really more about retention. one can easily sell memberships to a site with 6 episodes, but don’t expect people to stay. unless a site is a very rare niche, there won’t be much retention till the site has had time to grow.

still, it’s probably better to make some money as one continues to do shoots rather than not…[/QUOTE]

Yes, it’s my same thought. But a clear updates policy really helps, even if you start with just 10 sets. The aim is making updates a sort of routine… once users get it you have a winner horse. That’s just my opinion.

[QUOTE=basschick;12643]

still, it’s probably better to make some money as one continues to do shoots rather than not…[/QUOTE]

There are two trains of thoughts on this.

Yes, it is good to make some initial money. But, a new site usually has a “honeymoon” period in that when it’s new, it gets a lot of new signups. You have a chance at that time to really say, “this site rocks and is loaded with content” and get them to retain.

Three years ago one could start a site with 10 exclusive sets. Now, imho, you are looking at about 30 sets. You also have to consider affiliates as well. It sucks for an affiliate to send traffic to a $20 site (and with 10 sets I don’t think I would feel good charging more) only to never have them rebill.

You can blow your chance with surfers and affiliates by having a site with a small amount of content.

Regular update schedules do help, but even with adding two new updates a week and an archive of 300+ films, retention is still not as easy as it was years ago. There are just so many sites out there with good content.

To a point it does. but, give a surfer two updates that they don’t like and they will cancel right away as you have no record of filming to their tastes.

Yes, of course. It’s a natural selection. Keeping the same “boys pattern” may help. I mean if you started your site with smooth twink boys it’s good keep updating with smooth twink boys. Something older or different could be bad for retention. On the other hand it may help make another kind of surfers buy a memebership.