Are solo j/o sites dead?

Re: Are solo j/o sites dead?

[QUOTE=OldSchool;111883]Just throwing my 2cents out there on this one.

Solo scenes or even 2 guys on a couch but not sucking each other, just seeing the guys looking over at the other while jacking off is IMO more stimulating to the mind and overall fantasizing.

The “supposedly” straight guy (whether he is or not) is still more in the realm of “can’t touch this” in the mind… it heightens the sense of desire. And when watching a solo scene, it leaves the viewer to explore and indulge in his own personal fantasy.[/QUOTE]

I agree with everything you’ve said there. From my own experiences, this is a very popular format, probably more so than solo.

The main problem is that sites who start off with this often move on to everything else to make more money. But they’re actually advertising in the wrong places.

I believe a mutual j/o site should be advertised across gay and straight male audiences, because the gay audience gets off on “straight guys” while the straight guys get off on the masturbation. Most sites that have started off with mutual j/o content seem to only advertise to a gay audience, and that’s only a small % of the market for that style of content.

Rather than move on to having the guys doing more, those mutual j/o sites should stick with their niche and advertise their site to a traditionally straight male audience too.

Incidentally, when I read “can’t touch this” I had MC Hammer going through my head. lol
Just thought I’d share. Good luck getting that out of your head for the rest of the day!

For me…the solo jerk off thing is really about sharing a private moment with a guy. I often will describe a str8 guy jack off scene as that…sharing a private moment with the guy doing something that is normally done in the privacy of his bedroom and alone…no one sees it. He (like all guys) has done it since he was old enough to cum and even if he has full blown sex now with a partner it is still something that he does…alone and in the privacy of the bedroom so getting to watch is a special event.

I actually prefer solo over hard core for a couple of reasons. Mainly, I find that all hardcore looks exactly alike after while…the models are interchangeable and I don’t even notice their faces (and thus them as individuals) anymore…in fact, most hardcore ignores faces most of the time and just shows a dick endlessly going in and out of an asshole (might as well be any dick and ass really).

With solo, you are seeing an indivual and nothing more. You are sharing an intimate moment with a real person…doing something that all guys (be that gay, str8, or bi) do all the time.

Just the way that I see it…

I’m finding all of these comments fascinating, especially the idea that some straight men actually enjoy watching another guy jerk off. I never heard of that before. I’ll have to start surveying my straight friends to see what they say!

As was intended :smiley:

Absolutely agree! It’s more of a “taboo” in the mind.

I find myself seeing them as objects rather than a real person and find myself going “Okay, how big is his dick?” or “How big are his balls?” or “Let me see if he has a nice ass”… I’m not really turned on by a dick going in and out of an asshole or a tongue swirling around an asshole. Not saying I don’t love eating ass, but!

[QUOTE=MiamiBoyz;111901]With solo, you are seeing an indivual and nothing more. You are sharing an intimate moment with a real person…doing something that all guys (be that gay, str8, or bi) do all the time.

Just the way that I see it…[/QUOTE]

And I think a lot of us and the general public agree!