Anyone try ManageWP yet?

It looks very interesting. Amazing it took this long for someone to create it:

ManageWP site

[video=vimeo;22099014]http://vimeo.com/22099014[/video]

Re: Anyone try ManageWP yet?

I guess this could be useful sure, but aren’t there free apps out there that do similar things? I don’t know personally because I just log into each of my blogs and update accordingly. I tried using some of the free apps and ran into problems with changing themes and other things, so I just update each blog individually. Most things WP are free unless they’re plugins or applications that go way beyond the norm, so I would personally be leery about paying for this. But hey, I’m a cheap SOB sometimes. LOL.

Some folks might find this useful and all the best to them if they do :slight_smile:

I don’t like handing off access to my database or website to third parties… I haven’t looked into ManageWP in great detail but it appears to me that you either have to import your database to their site or allow them access to yours? Either way doesn’t make me feel comfortable…

Sincerely,
Kevin.

My take on their basic package:
Manage all websites from one dashboard – WP Multisite can do this but things usually go badly, I would never trust this in a site with customizations
One-click Wordpress, Plugin and Theme Updates – As opposed to two clicks?
One-click automatic login to any website – Web browsers can remember your passwords these days
Bulk Install & Manage (activate, deactivate, delete) Plugins and Themes – That’s built into Wordpress
Bulk Add Posts/Pages and Blogroll Links – Easy enough to bulk import links using OPML importer, bulk adding posts is just Feedwordpress if you want to go that route
Simple cleaning of spam comments, removing post revisions or optimizing database on all websites – Akismet?
Built-in pageview statistics – Analytics, Histats, etc…
Receive email notifications for available updates – I don’t trust this feature, I do this manually 2-3 times weekly so I know it’s taken care of
Restrict login to your ManageWP account by IP address(es) – Several ways to do this
Two-factor login authentication (email code) – Plugins do this

Which is way they’ve only managed to get 100k sites involved… Wordpress is intrinsically an excellent tool, if it’s actively monitored it requires very little effort.

expensive

Looks way to expensive for me.

Besides I have been using Virutal Multiblog for some time, and it is free, and while it doesn’t let me post across the platform, it keeps every single blog up to date, regarding plugins, themes, and the core files. Easy to save customized themes from being overwritten and works on sub domains, as well as across domains.

and I do love FREE. especially when it works, and has so far managed to work from wordpress 2.? all the way to wordpress 3.3 :smiley:

Looks very cool but don’t think I would pay for the service. I wonder if there are any free plugins or programs out there?

It does look kewl, I would be happy to pay a one-time fee for this script, but I agree that their monthly fees are way too expensive. If it were more like blogs organizer I would jump on it.

Ian, thanks for the Virtual Multiblog link…checking that one out now!

Yes, thanks for that Virtual Multiblog link but wow, there are 35 pages of comments from users! Looks like I have some reading to do!