5.46 AM - openx got tamed

I spend my friday night tweaking openx. It was my first real approach to this script. It’s funny seeing how, once you got how a script “thinks”, everything look really easy. Just have some batch work to do.

I feel better now. :wink:

Re: 5.46 AM - openx got tamed

Congratulations!

I think you will find its a very good script. I’ve tried others that are not free and they are definitly not any better.

Once you got the tweaking right it should pretty much take care of itself.

[QUOTE=gaydemon;15699]Congratulations!

I think you will find its a very good script. I’ve tried others that are not free and they are definitly not any better.

Once you got the tweaking right it should pretty much take care of itself.[/QUOTE]

Yes, this script is really good. The main problem was that it has so many ways to do the same thing.

Yes… it does take a while to get your head around it. At times - when you set it all up - it feels like you are duplicating everything. But it makes sense later.

Something that really does a big difference though, is to store banners localy on server and not local SQL.

When you add a banner it gives you a small drop down box, which says local sql or local web server.

Use local web server. It really improved the performance on mine.

If you already added banners you can easily change that if you go to settings and maintance. there is a option to move banners to local folder.

[QUOTE=gaydemon;15707]Yes… it does take a while to get your head around it. At times - when you set it all up - it feels like you are duplicating everything. But it makes sense later.

Something that really does a big difference though, is to store banners localy on server and not local SQL.

When you add a banner it gives you a small drop down box, which says local sql or local web server.

Use local web server. It really improved the performance on mine.

If you already added banners you can easily change that if you go to settings and maintance. there is a option to move banners to local folder.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you’ve guessed my feeling :smiley:

Thank you for the advice. I’m going to change it. Stored banner local sequel. The traffic in not huge but saving resources from the beginning is not a bad thing.