Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gaydemon Mobile

Role
    Site Owner,

Arrow Gaydemon Mobile

Gaydemon should have a mobile site

m.gaydemon.com

Surfing a properly formatted mobile forum is a really pleasant experience compared to the desktop version...

Role
    Affiliate,

Default Re: Gaydemon Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by xenigo View Post
    Gaydemon should have a mobile site

m.gaydemon.com

Surfing a properly formatted mobile forum is a really pleasant experience compared to the desktop version...
    Not sure I understand what you mean? A mobile version of this forum or GayDemon.com?

Gaydemon.com is compliant to xhtml and doesn't use any java for anything importaqnt. It should work on any modern mobile phone.

If you mean this forum.. well as there are so little sponsors interested in advertising on this forum I can't really justify the cost of making it mobile compliant. It would require a HUGE amount of work, vbulletin is a mess of bad coding unfortunately.

I think Lee at GWW started some "mobile" forum that might be of interest to you, unfortunately his "mobile" forum doesnt work on mobiles.

Role
    Site Owner,

Oops, I meant to say m.gaydemon.biz. Take a peek at the vendiscuss.com forum from a Blackberry (and I'm guessing any other mobile browser). I think they're just using some forum software completely out-of-the-box with zero customization.

Role
    Sponsor,

Quote Originally Posted by gaydemon View Post

I think Lee at GWW started some "mobile" forum that might be of interest to you, unfortunately his "mobile" forum doesnt work on mobiles.
    rofl:whip:
    Lloyd - Stunner Media - ICQ: 216150073
    project manager - Stunner Media

Role
    Affiliate,

Quote Originally Posted by xenigo View Post
    Oops, I meant to say m.gaydemon.biz. Take a peek at the vendiscuss.com forum from a Blackberry (and I'm guessing any other mobile browser). I think they're just using some forum software completely out-of-the-box with zero customization.
    I had a feeling you meant .biz.

I totally agree it would make my life easier too as I could then access the forum from my blackberry. The problems isnt finding a script that can handle it, the problem is that you would end up with 2 different forums, the current one vbulletin would contain one database with posts and then one for mobiles which would have different database and posts.. See the problem? The 2 scripts would never be able to share the same database and posts.

vbulletin is about to release a version 4 of their script, all big, new and shiny. But I doubt its going to be any better code wise, you can clearly see they don't have much experiance with proper html.

Role
    Sponsor,

Quote Originally Posted by gaydemon View Post
    I had a feeling you meant .biz.

I totally agree it would make my life easier too as I could then access the forum from my blackberry. The problems isnt finding a script that can handle it, the problem is that you would end up with 2 different forums, the current one vbulletin would contain one database with posts and then one for mobiles which would have different database and posts.. See the problem? The 2 scripts would never be able to share the same database and posts.

vbulletin is about to release a version 4 of their script, all big, new and shiny. But I doubt its going to be any better code wise, you can clearly see they don't have much experiance with proper html.
    Actually, I believe all you need to do with vbulletin is add a plugin which changes the layout style to a mobile compatible version. Like one like this: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=174375

Jimmy

Gay Amateur Paysites / Solo Twink Paysite
    Nice Dreams Cash
    http://www.nicedreamscash.com

For the record just like GWW our new board at MWebmasters is fully mobile compatible you might want to check out the link that nicedreams posted above as that is the style and product we use on both boards.

You should probably copy us though and get a mobile version of gaydemon running to mobile is going to be huge over the next few years
    Condom Cash - Gay Affiliate Program
    Evil Earnings - Straight Affiliate Program - Launching Soon!
    Webmaster Advertising - Contact Me About Gay Webmaster Traffic!
    ICQ# 580251944

Role
    Sponsor,

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Ryan View Post
    For the record just like GWW our new board at MWebmasters is fully mobile compatible ...
    Its not fully compatible. Your gww forums do not work on my cell. Mwebmasters does though.

Jimmy

Gay Amateur Paysites / Solo Twink Paysite
    Nice Dreams Cash
    http://www.nicedreamscash.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nicedreams View Post
    Its not fully compatible. Your gww forums do not work on my cell. Mwebmasters does though.

Jimmy
    interesting i will check that out then i know we are using the exact same plugin on both so not sure why one works and not the other
    Condom Cash - Gay Affiliate Program
    Evil Earnings - Straight Affiliate Program - Launching Soon!
    Webmaster Advertising - Contact Me About Gay Webmaster Traffic!
    ICQ# 580251944

Role
    Site Owner,

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Ryan View Post
    For the record just like GWW our new board at MWebmasters is fully mobile compatible you might want to check out the link that nicedreams posted above as that is the style and product we use on both boards.

You should probably copy us though and get a mobile version of gaydemon running to mobile is going to be huge over the next few years
    This is what I see with the latest Blackberry browser.